Lamination is a plastic film which is applied to printed sheets to add protection and durability. There are several finishes available starting with the most common:
- Gloss: shiny, high gloss sheen and wipeable, ideal for menus, brochure covers, greeting cards and presentation folders. Colours are often brighter and enhanced but light is reflected and finger marks are visible after handling.
- Matt: gives a smooth, matt finish, generally thought to be more sophisticated than gloss. Prone to scuffing and scratching with handling. Very popular for business cards, mailers and almost any printed piece.
- Soft touch: gives a matt, tactile, high quality feel to your print. Some describe it as a velvet finish. Great to stand out from the crowd and perfect for business cards and brochure covers.
- Anti-scuff matt: designed to prevent any scuffing that may occur from handling. Ideal to use if your printed product is going to be heavily handled over time.
- Environmentally friendly: an over-lamination film that is sustainable, naturally biodegradable and can be recycled. Available in matt or gloss finishes. Perfect to use if you need/want to be green.
- Textured: an embossed laminate with a textured, decorative effect such as linen, leather or crushed pearl. A hard-wearing laminate which is ideal for brochure or book covers and gives your printed items a superior look and feel.
- Holographic: a range of transparent laminates with a striking holographic effect. Perfect to create eye-catching product packaging and high end covers. Available effects are fusion, oil on water, fish eyes, continuum, retro discs, stars, stripes or honeycomb.
Lamination is cut flush to the edge of the printed sheet so it is not waterproof. Please look at our information on encapsulation if you require a border or a weatherproof solution.
We can laminate all kinds of papers & boards and standard documents or large posters with a quick turnaround. Please contact us for more information if you have a specific need.
Please note we cannot accept any liability for damage to supplied documents for laminating or encapsulating due to the process involved.
Crushed pearl laminate